- 4 pieces of good-quality bacon
- Coconut oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup chopped lettuce of your choice
- Chipotle Mayo (see recipe below)
- *You will need 2 mini muffin pans for this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Grease the bottom of one muffin tin and the inside of the cups of the other with a thin layer of coconut oil. Start with one muffin tin upside down.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half (again, it depends on the size of the bacon…remember that it’ll shrink when cooked so some overhang is okay). On one of the inverted cups, cross the bacon pieces, one on top of the other. Repeat until you’ve used up all the bacon. See the gallery for a photo.
- Now place the other muffin tin on top of the bacon and press down firmly. I weighted mine down with a cast iron skillet
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Carefully remove the top muffin tin and bake for 5 more minutes or until the bacon cups are as crisp as you like them.
- Let cool and then fill each one with tomato and lettuce and a drizzle of chipotle mayo!
- 1 cup olive oil mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp of adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients and blitz until smooth
recipe from Stupid, Easy Paleo