- 1 lb chicken, chopped in ½” cubes
- 2 T FOC (fat of choice)
- 3 T hot sauce
- 1 t cajun seasoning (no salt added)–if you can’t find it or don’t have it, just use hot sauce
Heat FOC and add diced chicken. Sear on high heat before flipping to facilitate the browning action. When the chicken is cooked through (10-15 minutes total, 5-7.5 per side) add hot sauce and cajun seasoning directly to pan…stir in and keep on low heat until ready to serve.
Roasted Garlic Dressing
- ½ C mayo (olive oil mayo)
- 2 T white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 6 cloves roasted garlic or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- S & lots of P
- Peel the garlic cloves and place in a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and crumple the foil into a pouch shape. Roast the garlic in a 400°F oven until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Don’t burn it! Add all the ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth. Parmesan would be a welcome addition here, if you wish. We didn’t use it and know it’ll be delicious either way.
For the Salad
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
- roasted red peppers, diced
- kalamata olives
- feta or Parmesan cheese, optional
- anchovies, if you like ‘em
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
Clean and remove gills from mushrooms. Slice thin. Saute the shrooms in your FOC, until softened. If you want, remove the chicken from the pan and use it to saute the ‘shrooms.
Serve romaine topped with sauteed mushrooms, diced red pepper, olives, buffalo chicken and garlic dressing.