- 1 pound Strawberries washed and dried
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, **chilled at least 24 hours**
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- zest of one lemon or lime, optional
- ½ tsp. vanilla, optional
- ½-3/4 cup shaved dark chocolate, optional
- Place strawberries in a bowl.
- Remove can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Using a can opener, punch two holes in the bottom of the can and drain the milk into a bowl. Save for another use. Now turn the can back over to the top and open wide with a can opener. Scoop out cream and place in a small serving bowl. No need to whip.
- To toast coconut, place coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant and golden, stirring frequently. Do not move away from the pan, it burns quickly!
- Place coconut in a small serving bowl to serve with the coconut cream and strawberries.
- An option is to stir the zest of ½ -1 lime or lemon into the coconut cream. Or add a little vanilla.
- A small bowl of shaved dark chocolate for dipping is nice too.
- Have your guests dip their strawberries into the cream then into the coconut or chocolate (or both!).