- 2 avocados
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef (900 g) http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-differences-between-grass-fed-beef-and-grain-fed-beef/#axzz2VwCESBws
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (120 ml)
- 1 jalapeno pepper or small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (5 ml)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt (5 ml)
In a small bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice, shallot and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the meat with the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno or bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Divide the ground meat into 6 even mounds. Split each mound in two and form two thin burger patties, one patty slightly bigger than the other.
Dollop a spoonful of avocado in the middle of the smaller patty, spreading it out slightly but making sure to leave a little rim around the edge of the meat.
Set the larger patty on top and fold/pinch the edges together and shape the burger in your hands to form a tight seal around the guacamole.
Repeat with the remaining five burgers.
Grill the burgers 5 to 7 minutes a side or until cooked to your liking.
Serve with hot sauce or salsa on top.