1.) Heavy lifting day relative to each person’s ability.
2.) Start a new lift every 2:00.
3.) Increase load as reps decrease, as long as from is maintained
– Record heaviest load lifted in
Rest, stretch, and recover
1:30 Seated Torso Twist /Side
WHITE BOARD BRIEF
Target Load | Heavy lifting day, focused on lifting a relatively heavy load for each set.
• In today’s workout, you have three lifts with a decreasing rep scheme. This means we want to try and increase the loading as the reps go down.
• 10 reps = 60%+
• 8 reps = 70%+
• 6 reps = 75-80%
• 4 reps = 80%+
• 2 reps = 90%+
• Logistically, the flow of this workout starts with back squats. Athletes should complete each set of back squats before moving on to the shoulder presses. After completing the shoulder presses, they can finally move on to the deadlifts.
• The goal, as far as work and rest goes, is to perform a set every 2:00. With higher reps you will get less rest, and with the lower reps, you get more rest.
• Athletes should look to increase loading across each set as long as safety and technique are in tact