1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1/4 cup almond or sesame seed meal
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil (check your local health food store)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of raw honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
- On a cookie sheet, toast nuts and shredded coconut until golden brown (you may need to shake the tray once or twice to make sure they cook evenly).
- Once toasted, pour mixture into a food processor and pulse until nuts are chopped and the mixture becomes coarsely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, melt coconut oil and almond butter (about 20 seconds). Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, honey and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in nut mixture and almond (or sesame seed) meal until mixed thoroughly.
- Fold in blueberries/cranberries.
- Press mixture into an 8 by 4 loaf pan.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Cut “loaf” width wise. Should make 6 good-sized bars.
- Enjoy! (or, if you don’t plan to eat immediately, you can store the bars in the refrigerator, covered loosely with a paper towel and plastic wrap.