Spaghetti Squash Crusted Quiche
from OMG Paleo.com
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds), cut in half lengthwise
- ¾ pound pork breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs, whisked
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- handful of sliced mushrooms (I used shiitake mushrooms)
- coconut oil, to grease pie plate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake squash for 20-25 minutes or until you can press on the outside of the squash and it gives a bit.
- Once spaghetti squash is done cooking, remove from oven, scoop out the seeds and excess strings and let cool while you finish the rest of the quiche. Once spaghetti squash is cooled, use a fork to remove the threads.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Place breakfast sausage in a medium pan over medium heat. Break up and cook until there is no pink left. Remove from heat and drain any excess fat, if needed.
- Whisk together eggs, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pull out a pie plate and grease thoroughly with coconut oil. Add all the spaghetti squash threads to the pie plate and press down into the plate and up onto the sides. Try to make it even throughout.
- Pour the eggs into the plate, then add the crumbled sausage, on top with sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle with a bit more salt on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees or until eggs are cooked through in the middle.
- Let rest before cutting into it.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served!